Oh what a difference a day can make in the bargain shopping world. Just yesterday I went to Target and picked up a few OK 50% off clearance items. I didn’t blog about it right away, I was gonna do that sometime today. Before I even had a chance to do so I got word that Target Xmas items were now 75% off. So back I went once more and oh the bargains I found. Now I wish I never even made that trip yesterday.
So to catch up, here’s Monday’s 50% off deals:
- BBQ meat thermometer: $4.99 (was $9.99)
- Toy Story hat: $3.98 (was $7.99)
Today was a much different story at Target. Less than 24 hours later in the same store I shopped peacefully in yesterday was now complete bedlam. All Christmas/Holiday items were 75% off. Even the line at the self-scan price check station were 6 deep. People were going nuts, carts were flying, kids were crying, human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. I think I may have even gotten caught up in the excitement more than I should have. I bought nothing I really needed but saved like a bandit nonetheless. Some of the deals made little sense in that I don’t know how they were classified as “holiday items”. For example I got white flannel twin bed sheets for 75% off. They’re just white, plain old white. How is that “holiday”? Don’t know, don’t care. I’ll take the deal. I got red scissors and plain scotch tape that again looks perfectly “normal” but was categorized as “holiday” and therefore also 75% off. Score again.
Spent $27.14, Saved $75.26. Here are all the 75% off savings:
- Twin flannel white sheets: $4.99 (was $19.99)
- 6pk holiday washcloths: $1.99 (was $7.99)
- “Holiday” accent rug: $1.99 (was $7.99)
- Scotch scissors: $1.24 (was $4.99)
- 2 Scotch tape: $.49 ea (was $1.99)
- 2 Hickory Farms 12oz Big Barn Cheddar: $1.24 ea (was $4.99)
- 3 Pillsbury funfetti cake mix: $.39 ea (was $1.59)
- 2 Pillsbury funfetti frosting: $.39 ea (was $1.59)
- 2 white fudge dipped Oreo: $.62 ea (was $2.50)
- 2 boxes 12ct Xmas cards: $1.74 ea (was $6.99)
- Pixar Cars Xmas gift tags: $.73 (was $2.99)
- Xmas gift tags: $.32 (was $1.29)
- Pixar Cars wrapping paper: $.75 (was $3.00)
- Pixar Cars holiday night light: $1.99 (was $7.99)
And then to celebrate both the above savings and the fact the I had zero Xmas returns to make this year (my least favorite thing in life to do) I bought the one thing I asked for Christmas and unfortunately didn’t receive. My Merry Christmas to me present was the below $19.99 value dvd set of seasons 3 & 4 of Reba. Yeah, that’s right, I loves me some Reba. What up? It’s the wholesome family sitcom that no longer exists in today’s sad TV climate but I became accustomed to growing up in the 70s & 80s. So there.