Just a reminder, the Rochester couponers meet-up with Coupons Deals & More is this coming Saturday at 11:30am in Chili NY. If you would like to attend please RSVP with Ann to receive all the specific information and secret handshake.
A lot of people have contacted me on Twitter and asked what’s going on? What will we do? What can we expect if we show up? Please put together an envelope of coupons you don’t want and then watch this brief video presentation.
Hope to see you there.
The best coupon blog local to Western New York is Coupons Deals & More. If you’re from around here then you need to be reading that blog. It’s my favorite without a doubt. Ann, the author of the blog, had a meet-up of readers recently in Buffalo. Now Rochester readers can get a chance to do the same. Ann and I have set up a time and a place for us coupon nerds to get together and talk about savings and whatnot here in the ROC.
- Date: Saturday, May 22nd
- Time: 11:30 am
- Place: Chili, NY
I got some clearance deals at Target this week. I was reminded of an article I read a while back that talked about Target’s corporate price reduction policies. Here’s the brief article from The Consumerist.
Once you learn these simple rules you’ll know the difference between a good clearance deal and a great one.
Target Markdown Rules:
- Target marks items down with percentages: 15%, 30%, 50%, 75% & 90%.
- The upper right hand corner of the price tag will tell you the percentage off.
- Item will remain at a percentage off for usually two weeks before progressing to the next level.
- Consumable items, furniture, and electronics are generally the only things that go 15%.
- Target’s full prices end in 9. Thereafter each price drop will reduce the final digit in the price to either an 8, 6, or 4. (eg. A $9.99 item at 30% off will be priced $6.98)
- The lowest the last digit will drop is to 4. If you see something you want and the price ends in 4, buy it. The price won’t go any lower.
Holiday Clearance Rules:
- 50% off day after holiday for three days
- 75% off fourth day after holiday for three days
- 90% off seventh day after holiday for 1-2 days
Here are some examples from today’s shopping trip. Good thing I had coupons for most of these items:
Food item 15% off. Blah deal:
Food item 30% off. Better deal. Ends in 8 so its the first price reduction:
Twice reduced. Now at 50% off & ending in a 4. The lowest price this product will go:
Also twice reduced (from 15% to 50%) & ending in a 4. Buy it now:
Good new Rochester west siders, my 2nd favorite farmers market is back!
The Town of Chili Farmers Market (MAP) begins on May 8th. Details below: